Monday 21 March 2011

Time for the experminent within experiment (EwE)

There we go, I managed to do experiment within experiment (EvvE) yesterday!

Good news about this post is, that you'll finally get to see some images of my bush. Breathe deeply...

Setup
I decided to wash the right half of my hair with shampoo (!) and the left one just with the water
So it was pretty simple. While having a shower, I grabbed a shampoo and properly and carefully washed my right side of the head only. Just like old times

Please note, I haven't used shampoo for a good couple of weeks....6,7?

Goals
To find out answers to these questions
  1. How the hair will react to the shampoo?
  2. If I do compare them, will there be any difference between left and right side?
Expected results
  1. They will become dry-looking with possibility of dandruffs appearing. 
  2. Shampoo side will be more comb-friendly, softer, and not oily. Also more uncontrollable
Experiment results

All went well in the shower. I used shampoo on right hand side, and then repeated the process to make sure hair will absorb as much of it as they can. Left side was untouched. Just water. I didnt dry my hair at all and went straight to the following steps..

First touch. 
Shampoo hair is much softer and much easier to comb. I guess this was because the shampoo removed all natural oil built in my hair over the last few weeks. No shampoo side is heavier and harder to comb. As usually.
Comb
I combed my wet hair as straight as I can. Fringe straight, around the ears straight, back straight..
Right after the combing, I noticed that shampoo side is getting curly and I am not able to control it. This was due to lack of oil in hair. Have a look on the pictures with wet hair:

Pict 1. Wet shampoo hair - not able to control

Pict 2. Wet water only hair - much better styling options

Pict 3. Left is shampoo side, you can see more of my ear. Also fringe is more curly



Feel of both sides was actually pretty similar. Water only side was not that oily. Touch experience felt nearly the same for both halfs. The theory is,  that hair is producing natural oil in cycles, so you can have some periods with hair not greasy and periods with hair getting oily a bit more.

70 minutes later
I took another picture and was ready to go to bed. Didn't touch hair at all, I was curious to see what will happen in the morning 
Pict 4. Shampoo side curly from the middle down. nearly the same as when wet

Pict 5. Water only side getting curlier near the end. Still not as curly as right hand side

Night conclusion
As I mentioned in my posts before, wet water only hair is much easier to style, you can do any hair style you want and have quite a lot of fun. Shampoo hair lost this ability immediately. Said good night to them and went to bed. Note, hair still wet.

Morning surprise
Straight after woke up, the styling advantage of water only hair is gone. They look messy and random. Have a look and compare these two pictures before and after sleep

Pict 6. Before sleep. Shampoo side is on the left

Pict 7. Morning bomb :)

After repeating my straight comb as on Pict 3, results was quite satisfactory on both sides. Have a look:

Pict 8. Sorting hair after morning bomb (Pict 7)

So at the end pretty cool :) You can notice that shampoo side is still bit more curly and up, also water only side hair stick together more. I cannot include close ups, as I screwed it up...I took pictures of right side with the sunlight from the window and the other side towards the sunlight so it is not reflecting reality...Next time I will repeat this experiment and will post more head to head pictures. What do you think? Which side is the lucky one?

Before the overall conclusion, I will do close-up as the hair look now, exactly 24 hours after the experiment. Will perform my straight comb first as usual..
Pict 9. Water only side 24 hours later

Pict 10. Shampoo side 24 hours later


Final conclusion

I didn't get any dandruffs although was not expecting them after first use of shampoo. Shampoo hair is softer and not oily at all. Also they have bigger volume and are really easy to comb.
Straight after shower I lost control over shampoo hair and curls took their way. Water only hair stick together much nicely. I can imagine getting "dry-look" effect after shampooing all my head.
When I touch both half, the shampoo one feels like "dry mix of standalone hair", the water only half is more compact but I can also feel a tiny bit of oil. At the end, it is the oil that holds them together.


As per look they look nearly the same, you can see that in the pictures and judge for yourself.

Happy with the first images of my experiment? Would love to hear your feedback and/or questions in the comments bellow.

No comments:

Post a Comment