Monday 14 February 2011

2 weeks without shampoo

I will use my friend's joke, and will welcome my 2 fellow readers now: Elloooo. Which is, I guess...including me ;)

Well enough of funny stuff I have some updates for you. This time it is not gonna by day by day, as you already have some idea how my "typical" week looks like. This makes me wonder if I like it. You know, Monday-Friday work, Wednesday, Thursday, Sunday floorball, Monday mostly some cinema, Tuesdays usually poker, Friday some drinks etc. Hmm sounds like a good comfort zone, but I guess this should be the topic for another blog!

So, back to the bathroom experiment. This week went pretty well!

Still not using any shampoo neither shower gel, still happy, with some new findings.

First of all, the hair grease is getting much better! since Thursday, I've noticed that hair is not that oily as before. They still feel oily and hard when wet, but after dry they are well ok. Also easier to style, and they are even more curly! At the same time, the fringe is not dry as it used to be and does not look like bunch of grass planted in the middle of Sahara. On the other hand, hair is quite difficult to comb after the shower. They are all stuck together and it takes me some time to comb through them. Also I keep finding some stuff in them while comb is doing its job, I guess the water is not going deep enough to the skin whilst washing. Will explore more ways of washing and will post them in the next articles.

Party in my tummy 
On Thursday, we had company poker night. Some other colleague came down to London from the other office and as I am recognised as a bin (finishing all food) in the company, he always brings some goodies for me. Well, I mean for us, but I never forget to remind him about it. So, Jaffa Cakes, Digestives (mmm dark chocolate ones are irresistible) on my desk! Naturally I had some for breakfast, before lunch, after lunch and before poker night. Well that is pretty standard and it is not doing any harm, but there is a but. At the lunchtime we decided to go and have curry. You know, with colleague down here from other city, why not to have something special. And it was special indeed, very good and spicy indian mmm big tasty! As you probably know, good indian meal has some advantage. You will enjoy it later on again...Ok let's swap it to disadvantage instead.

To summarise: Milk with cereals for the breakfast, Jaffa cakes, Digestives all day, Curry with fried onions and beer for lunch, 2 another beers during poker night, some Cheese and onion crisps. I think you may know where I am heading with all of this. To the place, where even King is walking to! To the place where everyone can fulfil a "being a drummer or saxophonist" dream.
Enough said, it was some nice gig lasting for a few moments. As a proper drummer, the sweat was all around you and I guess that was the only reason for the unlimited tissue consumption. And still not enough. My first thought in these circumstances was - the shower gel will save me!!! But this time, wait a minute - my hand will save me...You know what I mean. No soap, no gel, just me and water...Only hope that it go smoother than flushing the loo...Ok will keep it simple - all went good! Went to shower, some water, some moves, some closed eyes while taking "smelly-test", and then just relieved feeling that dogs and cats are not alone.

Erectangle
Have met my friend again and passed smelly-test without any problems. However, I was target of her flatmate's jokes straight away after I turned up. "What is the smell here? Can you smell it as well?" "oooh your hair looks really 'healthy'" etc etc. He also refused to smell me, I told him I need another smelly-test result. So I said ok, fair enough, I like fun and it was worth of waiting. While he was working on his graphic project, the question raised out of nowhere: "What do you think, do you prefer this circle, or erectangle, eeerm, rectangle." My only though at that moment was, that my "woof woof" smelling body was just  so irresistible that rectangles are turning to erectangles. I am just happy there was no smoke and no need for him to shout something like "hurry up, we need to evacuate"

Illness
I guess I should mention, that this week I was feeling a bit ill. Had no temperature, just had some nose products coming out of me, and also my eyes were reddish for some reason. I wouldn't say it is related to my bathroom experiment, but some people may think I am not killing enough bacteria with just water only. I don't believe this is the case, so will see how the next week is gonna be. BTW, I am still using soap for my hands.
Also have pain in my back after today's training - went to play without straight without any warm-up..


Summary after 14 days
  1. Hair is less oily, and right now can't feel any grease at all. Took me ~10 days to get to this stage.
  2. Hair is harder and also are harder to comb. However, I am not combing them very often. I guess it would have been better if I was doing it every day.
  3. The shower is still fun and easy going without the shampoo and gel. While I was having a shower after training today, the smell of the shampoos and gels from the next cabins was soooo strong and intensive for me that I think I am now much more sensitive to bathing products and their perfumes! And I don't need them even after curry, ha!
  4. I don't smell bad. Well, if I do please let me know! If you wanna "try me", let me know
  5. I am still using a bit of deodorant every morning, but much less than I used to
  6. Some weird body issues occured as mentioned above in Illness section
  7. Overall = I am happy so far and will definitely continue

No comments:

Post a Comment